Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Amazing Disappointment.

    This past weekend I managed to get home and go hunting again. I was so thrilled that I could get into the woods again after two weeks. The night before my hunt it was really hard to sleep because I had visions of big bucks in my head. A little bit after one in the morning I finally managed to get to sleep, and before I knew it it was six a.m and my alarm was going off. I got up and had my cup of coffee, got my shower, grabbed my gear and I was out the door.
   I got to my stand and not even an hour later that I was having the visions of big bucks for a reason. I looked and I saw antlers everywhere. That day of hunting was what all hunters dream of. Although none of those deer got within shooting range I still had an amazing morning. That afternoon though everything decided to come close. Soon enough the buck of a lifetime was in range. I called at him and he stopped and I put an arrow in him. To my dismay I had hit a little too far back. I gave him a long time to die but I never did find that 10 point buck of a lifetime. So my amazing weekend ended in disappointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment