Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Windy Weekend

    The stage was set, I had gotten a good nights sleep, I was up, and on my way to my stand again. I was ready no matter how long it was going to take I was going to shoot my buck. I had my bag, my bow, my arrows, my calls, everything that I would have needed to bag that monster buck.
    The only thing that I didnt count on was the wind. Somehow when that slight little breeze hit my face I knew that it was going to be a bad day. I could just tell I was going to get busted over and over again that day and what do you know I did! The first set of does came out and started feeding and they busted me and ran off. Then I started getting hopeful when a big twelve point came out, but then my hopes were dashed when a doe winded me and spooked him too. Those deer were the only ones that I saw that day, so I guess that just goes to show you that you can be as prepared as you want but you can't change the weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment